Chakli or Murukku is a tasty tea time snack that is prepared in Indian homes. It is easy to make and too delicious to resist! The name murukku is derived from a Tamil word which actually means 'twisted' that refers to the shape of this salty, savory snack.This baked chakli recipe is made with ragi flour which makes this a healthy and better alternative to the fried ones made of regular flour.
Ingredients of Baked Ragi Chakli : Ragi flour, Besan flour, Ginger, Chili, Garlic paste, Salt, Oil.
Steps to make Ragi Chakli :
- Take the dry ingredients and knead them together. Add oil and required amount of water.
- Let it become a semi-soft dough. Make two equal sizes.
- Take one half of the dough into a Chakli machine.
- Press out roundels of the dough. Put chaklis in a pre-heated oven. Temperature should be around 360°f for 15-20 minutes.
- Take the other half and repeat the same process. Let it cool, the Chakli whirls are ready to use.