Kesari Sabudana Khichdi Recipe
Oct 05, 2020
- Place Sabudana in a colander and wash under cold tap water until clear water appears. This takes off most of the starch and prevents sticking.
- In a big wide bowl soak sabudana by adding just enough water to cover them. Just 1/4 inch more than sabudana level.
- Soak covered for 5-6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Sabudana will fluff up after soaking.
- Drain off excess water if any before cooking.
- Add oil to a heavy bottom non stick pan.
- Once warm, add in the cumin seeds.
- Add in the cubed potatoes and cook on a low flame until tender, flipping it occasionally.
- Now add in the curry leaves, ginger, chopped chilies and cook for a minute more.
- Meantime, add in sugar, salt, crushed roasted peanuts and lemon juice to the sabudana bowl and mix well.
- Now add the coated sabudana to the pan, mix everything well and cook until the sabudana are a bit translucent and well coated.
- Add saffron and keep stirring occasionally.
- Add coriander garnish and topped with lemon wedge.
- Serve hot.